Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just before I was to preach at a Baptist church, the pastor said, "When you get through I want you to stand at the door with me, so that the people can greet you."

Afterwards I stood there, and folks came by. One woman grabbed my hand, looked me in the eye, and said, "Preacher, that was a sorry sermon."

Of course, I was shaken by that, but I was more shaken when I noticed her in line the second time. She grabbed my hand again, looked me in the eye, and said, "... a sorry sermon and you didn't even preach it well!" And she walked on.

Then she came back a third time, grabbed my hand, looked me in the eye, and said, "... a sorry sermon and you didn't preach it well, and I hope you never come back."

Well, I was devastated. I turned to the pastor and said, "What is with this woman?"

He said, "Don't pay any attention to her. She's not very bright. She just goes around repeating what she hears everybody else saying."

No comments:

Post a Comment