Thursday, May 10, 2012

Liberty

I have served my country - thankfully, most of it in peace time, and feel my 8 1/2 years in the USAF  have earned me the right to express my opinion. And not just me, we all served that everyone may have Liberty to even say the moronic Conservative bullshit that pisses me off.

I am a liberal because I was and am prepared to die that others may have Liberty. I am a liberal because I am a follower of Jesus Christ of Nazareth who taught that we should love God, love our neighbor, feed the poor, give drink to the thirsty, heal the sick freely, not cast the first stone, and to stand up and defend the oppressed (bruised).

Jesus did not say that corporations were people (yes they existed), money is speech, that He would bless his followers with wealth, or the uninsured should do us a favor and die quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment